Monday, April 27, 2020

Running Goals? Strange times indeed....


I meant to keep this thing updated, or at least semi regularly updated. But then….. Life happened.

Then a pandemic happened.

Then I ran a half marathon in my neighborhood after the pandemic canceled my race.

And now my knee and calf are bothering me.

And that’s just where things are at.

I’m a stubborn gal, so when my race got canceled I decided I’d go ahead and do the virtual race in the dumbest way possible… one mile loops in my neighborhood. So on race day I got up and did the thing. I think it was maybe a blessing in disguise for me. I don’t love road races like I used to. So many people, so many…. Roads. It was cool to do the half marathon distance again, I can’t remember when I did that last, but it hurt…. Road running hurts. But it was nice to have a potty and water bottle every mile if I needed it. So, that happened.

And then the knee and calf pain also happened. It has still allowed me to walk (which has been key to stay at home order sanity for me), but I haven’t tried to force running. Just a little dabble here and there. The walking and running I have been able to do are a godsend, but I wasn’t interested in a new running goal….and then….

A group I do lots of volunteering with set up a virtual race/run/we are all just trying to get by where you run, walk, skip, bike, row a mile a day for the month of May. Do that, and you end up with a 50k.
So, now I oddly have another running goal in 2020? I thought I stopped making those years ago. Of course, I thought I stopped writing in the blog years ago too. I guess this weird reality calls for weird goals and life choices and I am IN!

JOIN IN THE FUN! Let’s make goals and see where it takes us!

https://runningfitevents.redpodium.com/2020-head-goat-50k-in-may

No comments:

Post a Comment