Sunday, October 14, 2012

What's the weather gonna be like? What's it gonna be like now? Now?

Sun Oct 21

Partly Cloudy
61°
45°
Partly Cloudy
Chance of rain:
20%
Wind:
SSW at 9 mph  

This race day forecast looks amazing. And in case you're wondering, it's change only by about 5 degrees here and there in the past few days. How do I know this? Because I obsess over race day weather. Okay, I obsess over a lot of things. But when the race day weather shows up on weather.com's ten day forecast... sh!t starts to get real. And I focus on race day weather.

I check the weather on my phone and on my laptop... are they different? Why are they different? Has it changed in the last few hours?

Right now, it looks too good to be true. I love chilly race starts with overcast weather. But I realize things can change. Did I just check to see if it has changed? Yes I did. And yes it has.

Sun Oct 21

Partly Cloudy
59°
45°
Partly Cloudy
Chance of rain:
0%
Wind:
SSW at 9 mph
Seriously.... I could do this all day. And I do. No kidding.


The first thing I always hope for on race day is no rain. And when no rain looks like a reasonable, I start getting picky. 50 degrees at the start would be good, overcast at the start and sunny when I cross the finish line, low humidity.... it's not too much to ask is it?

I remember the 10 day forecast the year I did Chicago. And I watched the temps go up and up and up and up. By the time I got to race day I just assumed we would be running on hot lava. It was kind of like that. Did all that watching help? No, not really, it just added to my anxiety. But I'm not going to do something crazy like STOP obsessing about the weather. It's just what I DO. I wonder if it's changed yet?

One week til marathon day.

No comments:

Post a Comment