Thursday, August 30, 2012

One More Race...

I've got one more race. Then I can get back to some good old training.... for a race.

When I made my schedule it made so much sense in my head. Run a race as a training run, it will be FUN! Well, right now I feel like all I do is run races. And it's not like I'm a RACER. I just show up for the snacks, shirts, and people watching. And now I'm so burnt out on doing a run where there's a clock, I'm going to lose my mind!

I suppose it has something to do with the dang full marathon I threw into my schedule. Without that I would have had some real down time. No down time here. Just race race race race race.

I've never been so excited to do a long run where I can stop at a flushable toilet, purchase a Gatorade, or peruse a yard sale if I so desire (it's no wonder my long runs take so long). Just one more race to go this weekend. It's a women only race. And it's supposed to rain. I hope the snacks are good. Cause the ladies like to eat. Or this lady does. Wait, am I using the word lady right?

No comments:

Post a Comment